NOTE: Hiring for our summer camp jobs is usually completed early spring. Please apply immediately if interested. We get flooded with resumes in late spring and often have no openings left. Thank you!
Why work for us? Look at what you get to put on your resume or college application after a season with us: What to put on your resume after working for Wizards & Warriors Camp.
Summer Camp Jobs:
Overnight Camp Nurse
Guard Up, Inc.’s Wizards & Warriors Summer Camps is a unique fantasy adventure camp for kids ages 7 and up located in Waltham, MA. Guard Up is seeking a registered nurse or LPN to oversee the general health and safety of all campers and staff. Duties include administering camper’s prescription medications, assessing and treating minor illnesses and injuries, maintaining health logs, and providing orientation and guidance to camp staff in regards to illness and injury prevention.
The Camp Nurse must be available for one day on the week of June 25th for an orientation & consultation with our Health Care Consultant. Session runs from Sunday, July 2nd – Sunday August 15th. Salary is $4,000 to $5,000 D.O.E for 6 weeks; room and all meals are also included. Overnight residency is required for 6 out of 7 days (7th day is optional). Nurse gets one day off each week and is provided telephone support by our camp’s Health Care Consultant (Licensed Physician Assistant). We may consider splitting this position between 2 or more Nurses which will allow for day, evening, and night shifts.
To apply, paste cover letter into body of form here: Summer Camp Nurse Job Opening
Reports to: Camp Director – Overnight
Salary Range: $3000 – $3700 / season (7.5 weeks plus meetings and prep)
Onsite Availability: June 25th – Wednesday, August 15th. Also must be available for regular telephone or video meetings during pre-season prep. Must be at least 20 years of age. This is an overnight position with onsite residency required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Manage and coordinate all plot-related activities
● Coordinate with the Camp Directors and other management staff
● Coordinate with Costume and Makeup Departments
● Communicate constantly and effectively with all active staff
● Support camp transitions (meals, staff breaks, etc.) and any emergency situations
● Run post-event debriefs and document results
● Ascertain equipment and supply needs
● Manage and direct teenage assistant staff
● Must have previous experience as a Theater Stage Manager, Live Show Manager or other position which requires instant problem solving, clear communication to numerous people at the same time, immediate resource allocation, and other intense situations that require you to think on your feet and deal with constant curve-balls.
● Must be able to manage multiple objectives that constantly shift in priorities
● Strong organizational skills
● Computer literate
● Strong typing and writing skills
● Exceptional speaking and enunciation skills – important for radio communication
● Candidates must be age 20 or over
● Must be available for trainings & meetings before and after camp is in session
● Must be available for camp set-up & break-down before and after camp is in session
● Onsite and overnight Availability is required from Sunday June 26 – Sunday August 7
● Experience working with children preferred, working with teens required
● Stage managers, assistant stage managers, artistic directors, technical directors encouraged to apply
● All candidates must submit to a CORI (criminal) and SORI (sexual offender) Background Check, intensive screening, and reference check.
$3000 – $3700 (Depending on Experience) for summer season (7 weeks plus the pre-training period) plus free room and board.
To apply, please fill out form here: Summer Camp Logistics Director Job Opening
Reports to: Program Director – Overnight
Salary Range: $2600 – $3200 / season (7 weeks plus meetings and prep)
Onsite Availability: June 25th – Saturday, August 12th. Also must be available for regular telephone or video meetings during pre-season prep. Must be at least 20 years of age. This is an overnight position with onsite residency required.
To further the mission of Wizards & Warriors and Zombie Summer Camps through the development and delivery of educational program curriculum with direction from the Camp Program Director.
1. Assists Program Director in creating group specific curriculum, and learning prescribed curriculum prior to the start of the camping season.
2. Assist Program Director in delivering and evaluating camp educational programming that meets the needs and interests of campers and ensure our unique camp structure is delivered in a safe and quality manner.
3. Maintain camp financial health by complying to given budgets for supplies.
4. Supervises, teaches and entertains groups of 5-50 children at a time with the assistance of camp counseling staff.
5. Assists the camp counseling staff in their role as Hero Leaders, keeping campers safe and entertained during camp activities.
Previous Experience Necessary:
- Teaching experience working with children and teens
- Ability to manage small and large groups of children
- Strong organizational skills
- Prep work required as early as April
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Some outside knowledge of science, swordplay, or history may be required for placement in certain houses.
Summer Camp Counselors
Are you / Do you:
- Love working with kids?
- Have a fascination with the fantasy genre?
- Have a very active imagination?
- A responsible and good role model?
- Don’t mind being hit with foam weapons?
- Like to dress in costume and wear cool makeup?
- Consider safety BEFORE anything else – no matter how fun?
If you responded “yes” to each of the above, then you should consider applying to staff at our camp!
Our camp counselors receive one of the highest pay rates in the industry. We provide training, costumes (although you can bring your own!), props, make up, and foam weapons.
In return, our expectations are high. We require you to be responsible, flexible, and reliable. You must fully embrace and adhere to the concept that this camp is for the campers, which means that all of our staff are having the most amount of fun when our campers are having tons of fun. As such, the roles you play and the positions you hold are always in service of the entertainment value. We all have favorite characters we enjoy playing, but what is more important is if the campers like the characters (or at least like fighting them).
We only invite back staff who meet our high level of performance. It is an exhausting, demanding job that requires both physical and mental endurance. But you will have the time of your life and we can guarantee that you will never be bored!
All camp staff are required to have previous experience working with kids and teens and be at least 18 years of age. Acting experience is not necessary, but does help. We’re interested in mature decision makers – counselors and performers who like to take part in a creative, improvisational environment – but always with safety foremost in their mind. You must be exceptionally reliable and a good communicator. Punctuality is necessary as the nature of these activities requires precision timing. Professionalism is mandatory.
Please note that Wizards & Warriors Camp is owned and run by parents. Our own children attend these camps. Safety is our highest concern. We expect that it will be yours as well.
References required. Must be available: Sunday, June 25 – Saturday, August 12.
Summer Camp Overnight Counselor positions pay is $2,350-$3,000 (depending on experience and schedule) for 7 weeks plus room and board (includes paid training). This is an overnight position with onsite residency required.
Summer Camp Day/Quest Counselor positions pay is up to $2,350 (depending on experience and schedule) for 7 weeks plus lunch (includes paid training).
Summer Day/Quest Camp hours are 8am-4pm (or as early as 7am and as late as 6pm) for up to 6 weeks and counselors do not reside at the camp. Residential/Overnight Summer Camp is 6 weeks with one or two days off each week and counselors are required to reside at the camp (except for their day off).
All staff, performers, and volunteers must submit to a CORI and SORI Background Check, intensive screening, and reference check.
The best candidates are…
- Age 20 and over with experience working with kids of various ages. Teachers and childcare professionals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- People who love teaching in a positive learning environment and who have afternoons or weekends available.
- Residential/Overnight and Day Camp Counselors who have background in theater or acting.
- Coaches, Teachers, Instructors, or Group Leaders who are passionate about working with kids, but may not have experience in our particular activities.
No experience in swordsmanship is necessary. We will train you!
Camp Counselor roles include:
- Weapons Master
- Guildmaster Librarian
- Monster Chief
- Healer Guildmaster
We also have summer camp jobs for the following staff positions:
- Make-up Artists
- Various types of performers and entertainers (jugglers, storytellers, etc.)
Note: Entertainers need only be available for one day each week.
Remember: Hiring for our summer camp jobs is usually completed in late winter.
Before filling out this form: We are certainly interested in your previous experience with theater arts, roleplaying and other skills… but the most important skill of all is your ability to work with children and teens. Please make sure to include a full history of your experience working with kids including children with special needs or work history with summer camp jobs, mentor programs, teaching, etc.
Note: All applications must have a cover letter detailing why you wish to work for our company and each of the skill sets required. Paste cover letter into body of form here: Summer Camp Counselor Job Opening