NOTE: Hiring for our summer camp jobs is usually completed early spring. Please apply immediately if interested. We get flooded with resumes in late spring and often have no openings left. Thank you!
Wizards & Warriors Camp is a creative STEM-based summer camp run by professionals, parents, and teachers who wanted to create the experience of a live adventure as a way to help kids and teens discover the hero they hold inside.
Why work for us? Look at what you get to put on your resume or college application after a season with us: What to put on your resume after working for Wizards & Warriors Camp.
Overnight Assistant Camp Director
Reports to: Camp Director – Overnight
Onsite Availability: Sunday, June 23 – Wednesday, August 14. Also must be available for regular telephone or video meetings during pre-season prep. Must be at least 25 years of age. This is an overnight position with onsite residency required.
To further the mission of Wizards & Warriors and Zombie Summer Camps through the development and management of program operations with direction from the Overnight Camp Director.
- Assist Overnight Camp Director in delivering and evaluating a camp program that meets the needs and interests of campers and ensures our unique camp structure is delivered in a safe and quality manner.
- Maintain camp financial health by complying to given budgets for supplies and staff and ensuring camper retention.
- Follow company human resource management practices to supervise seasonal staff.
- Manage property development and maintenance needs to ensure stewardship of current resources and identification of future needs.
- Oversee the daily operation of the summer resident camp including food service, program, business, camper and staff supervision, and health care.
- Prep work required as early as March
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
- Managing and negotiating with vendors
- Ability to professionally discuss issues, complaints, and questions with parents and staff
- Ability to meet the demands of a physically rigorous job that can require you to be on your feet all day, moving furniture, squatting to talk to children, sprinting to an emergency, and more.
Previous Experience Necessary:
- At least 3 years previous experience working with children and teens in a camp, school, or recreation department setting
- Adequate knowledge in technology, specifically Excel
- Strong organizational skills as well as computer literacy
- Experience working with vendors and account management
- Strong interpersonal skills with parents and local inhabitants
- Ability to manage numerous schedules
- Experience in a physically and mentally demanding environment that requires you to be problem-solving and on the move the entire day
Salary dependent upon experience.
To apply, please fill out form here: