Our Mission: Inspire life long learners who want to make a difference in the world.
Our Values are the Three Tenets of a Hero: Courage, Honor, and Compassion.
Our Purpose: To create a safe, fun, and educational environment where our Heroes and Guardians can grow and learn.
Our Vision: To be the preeminent source and curator of interactive story-based education.
Our philosophy at our Summer Camps is simple. The goal of every summer camp and event is to follow our primary Three Rules of Operation (3RO) in the following order:
- All interactions should be assessed for SAFETY.
- All interactions should be perceived as FUN.
- And all interactions, when #1 and #2 are met, should impart EDUCATION.
Guard Up, Inc. is a company created by families for families. We understand the needs of various ages… from the youngest Hero all the way up to our oldest Monster Campers. And since many of us are parents, we take safety seriously. In over 10 years of operation, we have come to realize that everyone, even our staff, also wants to have fun. So we have applied this ingredient thoroughly in how we run our programs and summer camps. Our counselors are highly trained in our special coaching methods. And our team of plot writers make sure our interactive adventures capture the camper’s focus and inspire their imagination.
Why we do this is also simple: It is the excited, wide eye look our campers have when they “get it” after practicing a skill and having their counselor “catch them doing it right”… and it is the excited, wide eye look of wonder when a child sees their imagination come to life in front of them… offering them the chance to be the hero in a real life adventure they have only ever dreamed of before. This is why we are passionate about our work. We love to inspire.
The Story School, Inc is a nonprofit company that was created to help raise awareness of and provide services for promoting story-based education. Research has proven that stories are an exceptional learning tool as it pertains to both comprehension and lesson retention. The Story School, Inc. endeavors to provide students with story-based education in a manner that is entertaining and educational. The following services are provided by this company run by volunteers:
- Providing educational story-based summer camps for students interested in story-based learning
- Providing workshops for educational institutes on the benefits of story-based education as well as assistance with story-based curriculum development
- Providing resources for educators to assist in the increased awareness and utilization of story-based education
- Providing educational scholarships for students pursuing story-based education or for students researching the benefits of story-based education